Timothy S. Frazier

Liberty, Motorcycles, and Guns

Timothy S. Frazier - Liberty, Motorcycles, and Guns

A Warning About WalMart.com

walmartGot a WalMart.com account?

Don’t store your credit card info in it.

Here’s why:

Walmart currently has a personal computer at one of their Maryland stores that was shipped there for store pickup via a fraudulent order on my account. I assume someone hacked my account due to lousy internet security. My experience with WalMart.com customer support indicates the whole company may be infested with incompetence.

I recieved an email notice about this charge on 2/12/13 and immediately called WalMart.com customer service at 800.966.6546 to alert them that the order was fraudulent. I also called my credit card company’s fraud reporting line and reported the card as lost or stolen.

The WalMart.com service representative assured me that the Maryland store would be instructed not to release the product and that my credit card would not be charged.

He lied. My card was charged with the full amount a couple of days later.

I called the Maryland store directly this morning and was told the product had not been released. As to the charge on my card they redirected me back to WalMart.com customer support at (800) 966-6546.

I called, and was informed that I would have to dispute the charge with my financial institution.

When I asked why WalMart charged my card after I informed them the order was fraudulent I just got a repeat of the statement that I would have to dispute the charge with my financial institution.

I asked to speak to a supervisor, and got Diane.

Diane stuck to the story, and had no explanation of why WalMart.com would charge my account when no one had recieved the product. She merely stated that she could not provide a refund under federal law on a fraudulent charge. I told her there shouldn’t have been a fraudulent charge because WalMart made the charge AFTER I reported a fraudulent order, and what happened to the policy of not charging a customer until the item was picked up?

She wasn’t willing to provide any answers, and just kept repeating the same irrelevant nonsense.

So now I’m sitting here deciding whether to pay some bills late or dig into the savings account because WalMart has charged me for a product I haven’t recieved, that WalMart still has in its possesion, and my bank is closed for President’s Day.

The little guy once again has to deal with the hassle and accept all the risk.

I’ve closed my WalMart.com account and plan to avoid their stores like the plague henceforth.

I would appreciate anyone and everyone reposting this article, as the web is the only recourse we have against large corporations that tilt their shoulders and force their customers to accept all risk in every transaction.

Tell ‘em it’s all because of the way they mishandled order #2677063-458618 and allowed a thief to victimize their customer.

Category: Uncategorized

Stacie says:

I am currently in dispute now with them about an item that I never received. I was told to contact the manufacturer to see what they can do. I asked, “what about the charge on my account? What about the items?” Like a robot she repeated to contact the manufacturer. BULLSH–! I am contacting Better Business Bureau and filing a dispute with them. I had this SAME issue with sears.com and had to contact BBB to get it straight. I am starting to have a different view of Walmart. The incompetence is un-freaking believable!! This might be another credit card that I will be cutting up.

August 25, 2014 at 10:30

CJ Fernandes says:

Ditto. I cannot get anywhere near as close as everyone else has with customer service. They tell me they are not showing these charges, yet there they are on my account. Now, they want me to send the “billing statement” from the bank to them. I am just irate at this moment and ready to call corporate in the morning.

June 27, 2014 at 00:24

Mysnook1 says:

I’m reading everyone complaints on-line about Wal-Mart hacker C.C.
    **Today my bank called and ask the same question did I make a large purchase online from Wal-Mart? The answer WAS NO. I’m going to make a police report tomorrow, because someone allowed this hacker to use my ID & get the 3 numbers off my personal bank card.Not only that they have my last 4 numbers of my S.S. card. I had to cancel all my c.c., Bank cards etc. I want a real investigation on why after 2yrs later people are still being hacket on-line from Wal-Mart?

June 12, 2014 at 20:49

scuwedd5 says:

Just happened to me! Someone ordered a $400 iPad mini for pickup. I do not remember if Walmart website ever got my permission to save the credit card information. Fortunately, my credit card company identified it as fradulant charge and declined to pay.

June 3, 2014 at 10:27

Alice Nichols says:

To the original poster : Can you tell me which Wal-Mart store in Maryland the item was being sent? I had a fraud purchase being sent to a store in Maryland as well. I am curious if they’re the same town or store.

May 23, 2014 at 06:33

RebeccaStarr says:

I don’t understand why they won’t give us the name, location and item that was charged. I would drive there and pick it up!
    After I hit the crook with a baseball bat. After all, if it is being charged to me, don’t I have the right to know this?

April 24, 2014 at 16:04

RebeccaStarr says:

I have been getting the runaround from EVERYONE connected to Walmart. I called
    Walmart customer service, walmart.com, GE credit, GeCredit fraud dept and everyone says the other guy can take care if it.
    Someone bought something from walmart.com on Easter Sunday. The NEXT day, I tried to prevent it from being delivered to them. No luck. I filed a police report. when the officer called the fraud dept, they said that nothing has been charged to that account. BECAUSE they made me close it, so it no longer exists.
    I have never seen such incompetence. I am only trying to stop the thief from getting the merchandise. Their security dept is ridiculous.

April 24, 2014 at 15:59

Angela says:

This just happened to me and i felt the same walmart scam kind of assistance from Walmart customer service. I have not ever felt too comfortable with walmart.com service and have always experienced problems with their website orders. I was not surprised when one click of research online brought me to this. I definately felt right away that this was all a walmart scam. I have disputed the charges and do hope to get my money back but I cant help thinking that this scam times millions of cutomers could rack up quite and interest payment for walmart even if I do get my money back they still had long enough to benefit from it.

March 13, 2014 at 11:31

Doug says:

Here we go….just got a mc transaction and i dont even have a walmart.com account.. they claim the transaction was cancelled and also say they contacted my bank…Funny thing is my bank hasnt heard from them…So far i have already cancelled my card at the bank, but sure does sound like i am going to be charged for a purchase that is inteneded to be sent to Miami Florida!…I live in Michigan and have never been to Miami!! What a Joke this so far!!!!

February 17, 2014 at 13:00

seni says:

It just happened to me with Walmart. Found a charge that I know I did not make. Delivery going to Greenburg Kentucky.. and I live in Ny.
    That apparently did not bother Walmart..and they did not want to give me info on what is it that was purchased or the name of the individual.
    I read the whole thing above and its disgusting what walmart is doing. Now I have to check all my credit cards I could have possibly used with them over few months. They are very incompetent.. from staff on the floor register and their managers. Now I see they are incompetent all the way to the top.
    What a crappy company. They really don’t care about anything.
    I would like to add that even in the product for animals cats and dogs they sell hearz and mostly only one on display.. that is proven and written about has killed animals. I am sure people have complained about it, but it seems Walmart does not care about anything in any department for excellence.

February 14, 2014 at 10:54

Janet Farrell says:

I have no idea how they would have obtained my information. It was Friday, October 25, 2013 around 5:30 to 6:00 when my husband (who was in Denmark, SC) called me saying he got a text alert from the bank wanting to know if he had charges of $597.59 from Walmart.com. He wanted to know if I had been to Walmart and bought $597.59 worth of items. I told him no that I had been at work all day. I then checked my account online and saw that the charge of $597.59 was holding on my account. I called him back and told him same. I rechecked my account immediately after hanging up from talking to him and saw that two more charges were holding, one of $597.69 and one for $685.73. I immediately transferred the remaining balance to savings so no more charges could be made from whoever was fraudulently using my card information online to make charges. I called Walmart.com and verified that someone had made those three charges, but they would not give me a name of whom. They told me they were still going to send the merchandise out to pick up even though I let them know that it was not authorized by me to use my information. I disputed charges with my bank, and they added the funds back to my account. Two months later, MC finished it’s investigation only to say that there was a valid signature for charges at pickup (clearly not mine, another name completely) and they were taking funds back out of my accout. There were three different names actually on the ordering information that was sent to me by MC. They put a fake phone number for mine and the Shipping address was at a Walmart store in MO, only thousands of miles from me. They allowed all three items to be picked up and did nothing about it. I think a class action suit needs to be filed against walmart. If anyone here is interested, post and we can go from there.

January 21, 2014 at 12:16

Paul Kuchera says:

I’m all for a class action lawsuit being filed against Walmart. Count me in if you’re serious.

January 31, 2014 at 16:22

ron says:

Me to!!!!!! 66 yr old man ordered a baby carage, sent it to texas. got same runaround till I gave up. That stink, a lot of people getting paid to do nothing.

January 7, 2014 at 09:40

Marie Amason says:

I had the same thing happen to me! They charged and claimed delivery on a flat screen television. I disputed it all, but they still got my money!!! They insisted I had been hacked via internet. I was forced to accept their explanation with no recourse. During that time, I was very ill and confined to bed. Fed X said they left it on my front porch!!! Imagine, a flat screen tv sitting on my front porch in a box displaying it’s content and I live on a main street with heavy sidewalk traffic. Was it delivered and stolen!! Who knows!! I have no idea where it is. Since I didn’t order it, how could I have been anticipating delivery. What I do know is that I was never refunded for the charge and was treated as a liar when contacting customer service. They insisted that someone in my home made the charges. This was impossible as I live alone!!! It is impossible to get any assistance through their customer service department. They must be trained to respond a certain way when contacted about fraudulent charges. They have it down to an art!!! Either way, they are moving merchandise (or not) and heaven help you if you happen to be a victim. You will eat the cost of the entire mess. At least some of you got emails…a heads up. Not me!!! No warning…just five hundred dollars sucked out of my account and no knowledge of where this tv is that I did not order!!!

December 23, 2013 at 10:33

David says:

Had the same thing happen to me just last week. Except I’ve never shopped at walmart.com, ever. Which leads me to believe the security breach came from another source… maybe a virus on my computer with a keylogger and hackers just stealing my Card number as i make online purchases . Sucks.

November 22, 2013 at 10:25

Tom says:

A few days after ordering a computer with my master card from Walmart.com, an unknown charge appeared on my Mastercard. After cancelling that card, my other credit card (Amex) on file with walmart.com was pending to be charged for a laptop that was to be picked up in Ohio (I got an email confirmation from walmart.com about the order that I never placed).
    Do not use Walmart.com !

October 30, 2013 at 23:29

Reji Fontino says:

If your account being a bank account or credit card was charged contact you bank and file a complaint for the order. The order number for these charges are usually 8009666546, does it look familiar? It’s WalMart.com customer support number. This is the number the hacker uses.

September 16, 2013 at 14:44

amy says:

yup samee nummberr.. ii file a coplaint dispuute

January 3, 2014 at 11:42

Michele says:

This is what happened to a cat he got caught inside the weed eater, & HURT the cats “Tail” & the lady said she was going to Walmart, bc ” that’s where they sell: “RE-TAILERS”

September 8, 2013 at 17:21

Tina says:

It just happened to me,2 charges,one for $398.00 and the other for $390.00. I called Walmart .com,they would not disclose any information on the charges,but one was shipped to Alington Texas and the other in Michigan , I was told to call my financial institution to dispute the charges, I closed my Walmart account!!!!

July 17, 2013 at 22:32

Chris says:

SPREAD THE WORD ON FACEBOOK TOO! TELL EVERYONE TO NOT USE WALMART>COM! THis happened to our Walmart accounts TWICE! First time in March 2013. Same as the other stories here – thieves used our existing account to buy phone cards and phones. Cancelled that VISA account, contacted walmart. We were dumb enough to make a purchase on walmart.com in July 2013, only this time we did not create an account. Didn’t matter. We just had $150 charge on a ‘walmart.com account’ that we didn’t even have. Walmart.com is NOT SECURE!

July 9, 2013 at 21:50

Kimberly says:

I just had two tablets purchased and fedx priority 1 to a trailer park in San Jose, Ca. Wal Mart sent me to the credit card company just like the rest of you. I asked for an I.T. investigation and they asked me to fill out a feedback form. In my 20 years with I.T. and Customer Service at a couple of large companies and some small ones I never have seen such ignorance when it comes to putting the customer first. Mostly stupidity for not looking into why this keeps happening. Unlucky me I find out on the 4th of July when no one is open to contact! So I sit here and stew. In the mean time I’ve canceled just about every on-line shopping Web Site I had previously signed up with. I changed all my passwords- no two are alike, and I made sure my credit cards are not on file on any Web Site. Best of luck to those of you who lost out. I’m out about $500 at his point. I really want to send the trailer park house in San Jose a bill.

July 4, 2013 at 22:37

deanna says:

This happened to me today. Someone placed an order for an ipad mini to be picked up in Alabama. I saw the confirmation email come through almost immediately, and I was able to cancel the order and called my credit card company to report it as stolen. I also deleted the card information from my walmart.com account. I don’t recall clicking an option when previously placing an order to save the information, but apparently I missed the ‘opt-out’ option. I will not be ordering from walmart.com ever again. Dealing with the credit card company was awesome though – within 30 seconds of placing the call I was speaking to a representative, and within 2 minutes, the card was cancelled and a replacement on it’s way. He also was able to confirm that because I cancelled the order, the temporary charge on my account had already been voided. Appears to just have been my walmart.com account that was comprimised, but I will be on the lookout for the next few weeks for any additional fraudulent charges…

June 24, 2013 at 15:36

Jane Reis says:

WalMart.com Credit Card Fraud
    My WalMart.com account was hacked this morning and I received a thank you for your order email at 2:00am. They used my “on account” Visa to order two iphones and changed my shipping address to Seattle, Wa. Luckily I saw the email early enough and was able to cancel the order. The WalMart rep was not very sympathetic or helpful, apparently this happens all the time on walmart.com. I cancelled my Visa, made a police report in the city where the address is located and checked my other online retailers. Only problem was with my WalMart account.

June 18, 2013 at 22:26

sam g says:

Also – here!

2 orders were placed one-after-the-other for Gift Cards which were ‘emailed’ to the hacker/thief. – I called walmart and reported the fraud within 2 hours of 5/3/2013 9:15am. they said they were unable to cancel the gift-card and I have to take it up with my Credit Card institution.

I said why could you not simply cancel the Gift card and give me credit?

they said they “have to follow proecedure, banking laws, etc” – bunch of crap

May 22, 2013 at 14:05

C. H. says:

Hi Tim,
    Sorry Walmart has proven that they are irresponsible with our debit and credit cards on their website! This happened to me today:

A car stereo arrived at my brother’s house. He does not drive or own a car.
    I immediately checked my bank account. Sure enough there was a Walmart.com charge. I checked Walmart.com and my account had been closed.

I called my bank and asked to speak to the fraud dept. The fraud specialist at Bank Of America called Walmart.

We were on 3-way and the Walmart rep said she would cancel my account, but it would take a few days AND Walmart would not issue a credit to me.

She said I would have to contact my financial institution. How stupid! My financial institution called her.

Walmart needs an overhaul of their online ordering process.

May 14, 2013 at 20:40

Pam Ricks says:

I am going through the Same thing with Walmart.com as the original poster! My bank is doing what they are supposed to but I cannot find anyone to get into my walmart account and give me or the bank the information there. They changed my password and now they have all the access!

May 14, 2013 at 09:05

Joyce says:

When I used my home computer reset.75307679@walmart.com was in the place of my normal e-mail address on the Walmart site.
      I have had to cancel my VISA card at the bank.
      I filled out the Walmart identity theft affidavit and I am hoping that they can find out who hacked into my account, but I don’t have a lot of faith in their online security team.

May 14, 2013 at 11:27

Joyce says:

I had this happen to me on May 8, 2013. I got an e-mail from Walmart informing me that I had asked for a password or e-mail change and then a minute later an order for AT&T card (delivered via e-mail) and some DVD.
    I couldn’t get into the Walmart account using my normal e-mail.
    I called Walmart and reported it as fraud and they said they would cancel it. I immediately cancelled my VISA card.
    Apparently the charge went through and when I called Walmart I was told that I would have to dispute it with my credit card company.
    I hadn’t purchased anything at Walmart since Christmas but my credit card information was stored on their site.
    Interestingly, when I used my home computer the email address linked to my account as reset.75307679@walmart.com. This suggests to me that someone in the company had access to credit card information.
    Walmart does not seem to care about the lack of security on their website. I told them that I wouldn’t be ordering from their site again.

May 10, 2013 at 09:24

Tanya says:

This just happened to me yesterday and it is still showing pending. I chose not to deal with Walmart and immediately called my bank institution to close my card. Now it is just a waiting game. I am so frustrated and mad at myself at the same time as I made one online order last year. I never keep my info on file so I am not sure why I would have done something like that. Regardless it is such a hassle and I can’t believe the blogs that I have read about how long this has been going on. My charge says POS DEBIT WALMART.COM 8009666546 BENTONVILLE AR. I see online that this is the same for MANY others.

April 15, 2013 at 17:32

diamond dave says:

Try putting your dispute on Twitter (whatever you can fit in small chunks). I recently had a friend that had a dispute with American Airlines that got promptly resolved when she started tweeting about it and and friends started retweeting.

February 18, 2013 at 16:48

David Nunn says:

Best Buy did it to me, as did some mail order jewelry store. I would never buy jewelry by mail, and I haven’t done business with Best Buy since 1999.

Home Depot let a fellow in New Jersey open an account in my name, and tried to make me pay for it. I have never been, and will never go, to New Jersey.

February 18, 2013 at 14:18